- Star of Christmas shines at the Araneta Center
- Araneta Center's Illuminares lights up
- Yule Dress Up Photo Contest
- Araneta Center's Illuminares lights up
- Palace welcomes Ariella Arida's 'Miss Universe' third runner-up finish in Moscow, Russia, Donaire's win in Texas, USA November 10, 2013
- Congratulations Ariella Arida, Miss Universe 2013 3rd Runner-up
- Gateway Tower Mall Cool Treats Promo 2
- Disney Dates at the Araneta Center
- Get Disney-fied this weekend at the Araneta Center!
- Join the hunt at the Araneta Center's Trick or Treasure Halloween!
- Congratulations to our Extreme Entertainment Winner!
- Spooktacular Events at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas-Tourism 2013 Cindy Miranda gets into the Top 10 of Miss Tourism Queen International 2013
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM SMART ARANETA COLISEUM AND TICKETNET
- Gateway Tower Mall Cool Treats Promo
- 2013 Infinite 1st World Tour "One Great Step" Manila, Philippines Ticketing FAQs
- EXCLUSIVE: Ke$ha Wild Wicked Warrior Interschool Dance Competition
- A Chinese Celebration like no other at Gloria Maris Mooncake Festival
- Araneta Center kicks off holiday season with 'Christmas Comes Early' Sale
- Pop Music's Wild Child Ke$ha makes Manila debut at the Big Dome
- Make wonderful memories with lolo and lola at Araneta Center
- A shower of shopping treats and surprises at Araneta Center Rainy Day Sale
- "Money Matters for Kids" Exhibit Kicks off at Gateway Mall.
- XOXO opening at Gateway Mall
- Official Statement from Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc. regarding Binibining Pilipinas - USA
- It's a monster weekend at the Araneta Center!
- Money Matters for Kids Exhibit at Gateway Mall
- Exciting, Extravagant treats with Araneta Center's 'Extreme Entertainment' promo
- KPOP Republic FAQ
- Gloria Maris Banquet Hall opens in Gateway Mall
- It's raining books with the Araneta Center's 'Books to Go' promo
- Araneta Center Celebrates 23 Years of Disney on Ice with Treasure Trove
- Stellar Launch for Pizza Hut Farmers Plaza
- Get style smart at the Araneta Center
- ACI Father's Day
- Eat Win Watch Promo
- Araneta Center launches Flavors outdoor food market
- Back-to-School Tipid Tips
- World Slasher Cup: A Fight for Prestige & Honor
- Araneta Center Grand Santacruzan on May 18
- Heart & Sole Promo for Mother's Day
- Heart and Sole: A Special Mother's Day Exhibit at Araneta Center
- Labor Day Sale at the Araneta Center
- Iron Man 3 Advance Screening on April 24 at Gateway Cineplex 10!
- Calling All Past Beauty Queens
- DREAMING OF ADVENTURE? Get Up and Go! To Araneta Center for the Extreme Adventure tour promotion
- Celebrate Easter Sunday at The Araneta Center
- Fly High at the Araneta Center's Easter Fair!
- One Hot Sale at the Araneta Center
- QCPD Lauds Araneta Center Incident Preparedness
- Feel the love on Valentines at the Araneta Center!
- Celebrate Chinese New Year at the Araneta Center
- World Slasher Cup to Boost Tourism
- Congratulations to our Merry Millionaire Winner!
- Be the next The Araneta Center Food Trip Passport winner!
- Top Fan Wins Very First Araneta Center First Food Trip Passport
Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove Opens the Disney Vault with Tales Spanning from the First Animated Film to the 50th
Hit the ice with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald, and Goofy as they embark on a treasure hunt for some of the most popular Disney films ever. Audiences will experience a medley of their favorite animated Disney movies throughout the years including the very first full-length animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and the 50th Disney film, Tangled. With eight movies and more than 50 Disney characters featured,Feld Entertainment’s Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove has a story for every generation.
During the Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove Press Conference held November 29 at the Gloria Maris Banquet Hall in Gateway Mall, the press was treated to a preview of what will happen in the most anticipated ice show in the country.
“We’ve chosen some of the greatest gems from the Disney treasure chest for this production,” says Producer Nicole Feld. “We went through our entire portfolio of Disney On Ice shows, trying to bring something very different to audiences. We wanted to pick action-packed stories that really resonated with not only kids today, but with their parents as well. Treasure Trove has everything from the swashbuckling pirates in Peter Pan to the comedic duo Timon and Pumbaa in The Lion King.”
Before the action begins, audiences have the opportunity to get fit with a taste of what Disney On Ice skaters do to prepare themselves for every show. Disney/Pixar’s The Incredibles lead a warm-up routine that will have everyone up on their feet. Audiences will stretch with Mrs. Incredible, run in place with Dash, pump iron with Mr. Incredible, and work up some extra energy with Violet. The warm-up routine promotes keeping kids active, while also allowing them to participate in the show.
“Crowd interaction is a key component to the Disney On Ice experience. We want the audience to feel as if they’re a part of the show, and that’s evident in this production,” says Producer Juliette Feld. “Rapunzel and Flynn share a special moment with an audience member when they release a lantern together, Sebastian invites everyone to be a part of the rhythm during ‘Under the Sea,’ Peter Pan and Tinker Bell encourage the crowd to echo the crocodile’s ‘tick tock,’ and Aladdin stops to shake hands with guests in Agrabah.”
Audiences will be amazed to see how many of their favorite Disney films and characters are featured. The show includes moments from classic Disney films like Peter Pan, The Lion King, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid, as well as new favorites Tangled and Princess and the Frog.
Bringing such a wide variety of Disney animated features to life presented an interesting challenge for the show’s creative team. “I love the contrast between the very first animated Disney treasure, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and the most recent, Tangled,” says director Patty Vincent. “I went back to the archives to re-watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,so that I could appreciate the fact that we’re going from the 1930s to today in one production. It’s amazing to see where we came from and where we are now, not only with the animation but also with the storytelling.”
The first story in the production takes audiences to Wonderland where Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, and the White Rabbit are “Painting the Roses Red” for the Queen of Hearts. The Queen beckons forth her army of cards in an amazing illusion constructed by Choreographer Cindy Stuart. “We have a complete set of cards that are two-faced, which made choreographing this number really unique. I tried to trick the eye of the audience by having the cards skate in all directions. The crowd will have to figure out whether the performers are skating forwards or backwards,” says Stuart.
Audiences will then escape to Never Land with Peter Pan and hang out in the Lost Boys’ hideout, complete with a slide. To keep up with the fast pace of transitioning through so many of Disney’s treasured tales, Production Designer James Youmans had to create a versatile set, that could be quickly modified. “The set consists of several pieces that detach from one another, allowing us to rearrange it and even move pieces, such as the hideout, to the center of the ice,” says Youmans. “By being able to rotate the set, we can convert Captain Hook’s pirate ship into an enchanted castle. Having a set that transforms into different scenes is vital when there are multiple stories in one production.”
As the show progresses the lighting takes center stage, transporting the audience directly into the heart of each tale. Lighting Designer Jesse Blevins uses a variety of techniques to set the mood, adding emotion and depth to every scene of the show. For the beginning of The Lion King, Blevins lights the ice with warm hues of yellow, orange, and gold creating a peaceful early morning. As the story continues and Simba finds himself in trouble, Blevins’ dramatic lighting and dark shadows, along with the sound of hooves, make audiences feel as if they’re with Simba in the direct path of the wildebeests. “Lighting is so important in storytelling. It really adds a theatrical element and takes the audience from one story to the next, in the blink of an eye,” says Blevins.
The production concludes with a captivating parade of all nine Disney Princesses, bringing the production to a final culmination of excitement and adventure. With an extraordinary lineupof hit songs, memorable scenes and timeless characters, Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove will have audiences reliving the magic of Disney’s most cherished animated films all over again.
Disney on Ice presents Treasure Trove will run from December 25, 2013 to January 5, 2014.
Disney on Ice presents Treasure Trove is a holiday presentation of the Araneta Center, PLDT MyDSL and VISA in cooperation with Magnolia Chocolait, Business World, Crowne Plaza Hotel, JAC Motors Phils., and Blims Furniture. For ticket inquiries and purchases, log on to www.ticketnet.com.ph or call (02) 911 5555.