- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
May is the month of flowers and fiestas in the Philippines. It is also the month Catholic Filipinos dedicate to the Blessed Virgin Mary. On Sunday, May 15, the country’s loveliest belles will participate in a religious and cultural procession along the streets of the Araneta Center in a Grand Santacruzan like no other.
As it enters into its next decade of existence, Araneta Center upholds this popular and revered tradition in even grander scale. The santacruzan is considered as the “Queen of Filipino Festivals”. With the recent launch of its program “Fiestacular Philippines”, Araneta Center has metamorphosed into the center of urban “fiestas”. Earlier this year, Fiestacular Philippines had its successful version of the “Capiztahan”, an event which greatly helped in promoting the actual fiesta in Capiz last April.
Reigning and past beauties of the Bb. Pilipinas will grace the procession. There will be a host of other festive elements in the procession including at least four marching bands and participants from the neighboring areas of nearby Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish to which the Araneta Center belongs.
Among the participating Bb. Pilipinas ladies are finalists of the recently concluded pageant including “tricycle driver” Luzelle Felipe and Best in National Costume, Elizabeth Clenci. Past queens who are adding elegance to occasion are Nicolette Henson, Patricia Fernandez, Jennifer Barrientos, Marie Ann Umali, Czarina Gatbonton, and Krista Kleiner.
Bb. Pilipinas 2011 winners Bb. Pilipinas-Universe Shamcey Supsup, Bb. Pilipinas-International Dianne Necio, Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism Isabella Manjon, runners up Janine Tugonon and Mary Jean Lastimosa will process under the titles bestowed on the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Grand Santacruzan commemorates Queen Helena’s search for the Holy Cross. It is most fitting then that this year’s “Reyna Elena” will be Ms. Universe-Philippines Venus Raj and the Reyna Emperatriz is Ms. International Aurora Pijuan.
May 15 will truly see a harvest of blooms and beautiful ladies at the Araneta Center. Habitués will experience a cultural, spiritual and visual rush this coming Sunday at the Araneta Center. A Eucharistic celebration kicks off the festivities at 4pm at the Promenade Area of the Gateway Mall. This will immediately be followed by the Grand Santacruzan that will start at the Red Gate of the Araneta Coliseum.
Araneta Center certainly knows the best time and grandest way to “stop and smell the roses”.