- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
The month of August will be a celebration of art at the Araneta Center.
From August 8 to 14, sixty rare works from Federico Aguilar Alcuaz will be featured in a special exhibit entitled “Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz”. The curators of the show have put together these interesting works to pay tribute to the late National Artist.
Born in June 6, 1932 in Manila, Federico Aguilar Alcuaz was an award winning Filipino painter. He was a product of the University of the Philippines School of Fine Arts. He moved to Barcelona in 1956 after receiving a grant from the Spanish government to pursue further studies in art. He later on became part of the group La Punyalada who later on became the exponents of “neo-figurativism” and among the forerunners of modern and contemporary art in Spain.
The collection will definitely affirm the artist who has won national and international recognition. The maestro’s works to be displayed will reveal that he is an abstract artist of the highest order. Some of the most elegant nudes in painting is said to have been given life via Alcuaz’s brush. Although he is known to been faithful to basic classical disciplines, he was also famous for shunning theatrical gesture and dramatic color, instead, putting them in a more contemporary context.
Click here to view photos from the exhibit's Opening Night