- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
"CELEBRATING AGUILAR ALCUAZ” EXHIBIT AT GATEWAY SUITES EXTENDED
At a time when art and cultural fronts are being jolted by controversial exhibits, patrons of true art can’t get enough of a good thing.
For this reason, Gateway Suites in cooperation with Galerie Joaquin will be extending the exhibit of the late National Artist Federico Aguilar Alcuaz, “Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz” until August 27. The exhibit reopens on August 17-20 and then again on August 22-27. This will give more time for art enthusiasts including students to get a feel of the artist who was famous for his neo-figurativism. Born in June 6, 1932 in Manila, Federico Aguilar Alcuaz was an award winning Filipino painter.
Aguilar Alcuaz was a product of the University of the Philippines School of Fine Arts. He moved to Barcelona in 1956 after receiving a grant from the Spanish government to pursue further studies in art. He later on became and among the forerunners of modern and contemporary art in Spain.
Art connoisseurs were among those who graced the opening cocktails of the exhibit on August 8. The guest list included Spain’s Ambassador to the Philippines Jorge Manuel Domecq who came with his lovely wife, Jorge L. Araneta and wife Stella Marquez Araneta, artist Betsy Westendorp, Gretchen Cojuangco, Baby Fores and Marge Tambunting, National Artist F. Sionil Jose with Lissie, SM’s Hans Sy, Arch. Ramon Aldea, Estela Lopez, Paco Alcuaz, Peter Lim, Paulo and Margaret Aguilar, Jack Teotico, Wilbert Ong and Michelle Uy, Jose Hombrebueno, Robert Hombrebueno, UPAA’s Gari and Gladys Tiongco, Lyceum’s Lorna Laurel, Prof. Levina Alabanza, Prof. Rafael Alabanza and more. The S Quartet comprised of instrumentalists from the University of the Philippines College of Music provided the entertainment. Ambassador Domecq led the ribbon cutting and toast with Christian Aguilar, Mrs. Stella Araneta, Galerie Joaquin’s Jack Teotico and Betsy Westendorp.
The Bb. Pilipinas beauty queens also graced the occasion. They included last year’s Bb. Pilipinas World 2010 Czarina Gatbonton, this year’s runners up MJ Lastimosa, Janine Tugonon, Bb. Pilipinas Tourism Isabella Manjon, Bb. Pilipinas International Dianne Necio, and Ms. Universe-Philippines 2011 Shamcey Supsup, who is an artist herself. Also on hand were Araneta Center executives Tony Mardo, Manny Fabian and Cecile Marvilla.
“Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz” is the third of a series of art exhibits held at the Gateway Suites. Previous exhibits showcased the works of Betsy Westendorp and Juvenal Sanso.
Click here to view photos from the exhibit's Opening Night