- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
The Belen (named after Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus Christ) is a traditional Filipino Christmas icon that depicts the birth of our savior. Every Christmas, homes, offices, and establishments put up this tableau, a unique symbol of our Catholic faith, of Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the three Magi at the stable to remind us of the true meaning of the holidays.
Following the giant Christmas tree lighting, the Araneta Center continues its observance of the yuletide season with its annual lighting of the Belen.
This year’s Belen lighting ceremony was held on November 18 at the Farmers Market. Present to witness the solemn ceremony were Mrs. Judy Araneta-Roxas, Vice Mayor Joy Belmonte, Congressman Bolet Banal, Brgy. Socorro Captain Joey de Guzman, Brgy. E. Rodriguez Captain Nilo Tan, Councilor Roderick M. Paulate of the QC Cultural Affairs & Tourism, Councilor Marvin D. Rillo of the QC Markets & Slaughterhouses, and Donato C. Matias, Head of MDAD.
Every year since 1992, the Araneta Center has put up this life-sized depiction of the Nativity, which has come to be a yearly local attraction, and Christmas at the center is not the same without the Belen. The assembly will be on display at the Farmers Market from today until the end of the holidays.
After the tree lighting and the Belen lighting, Christmas continues to bloom at the Araneta Center, so be sure to enjoy all the activities lined up from November until January 2012:
Be serenaded by the different chorale groups as they sing your favorite Christmas carols every day until December 31 at Farmers’ Plaza, Ali Mall, and Gateway Mall, and marvel at the colorful floats of the Electric Parade around the center on November 26, December 3, 6, and 10.
Also, catch the following shows at the Smart Araneta Coliseum: Be regaled by a thousand voices, a sixty piece orchestra under the baton of Maestro Ryan Cayabyab at ‘Sang Libo’t ‘Sang Tinig ng Pasko, an Araneta Center Christmas Special with Piolo Pascual, KC Concepcion, and Lea Salonga on November 19. You should not miss Disney on Ice “Let’s Celebrate”, from December 25 to January 3. Tickets are available at Ticketnet, call 911-5555 for inquiries.