- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
The Big Dome made history... Again.
A mammoth crowd of 36,000 filled the sparkling new Araneta Coliseum to witness the historic Flash Elorde-Harold Gomes, the Big Dome’s inaugural offering more than 50 years ago. It was acknowledged as an engineering marvel with the biggest clear-span dome – without a single post to obstruct anyone’s view – in the world.
Fast forward to July 23-24, 2011.
Another humongous crowd filled the Big Dome as it kicked off another chapter of its illustrious history under a new name and an exciting alliance with Mr. Manny Pangilinan, the Smart Araneta Coliseum. The Ultimate All Star Weekend was a double header against Filipino basketball idols that will long be talked about in the annals of sports.
Making history and churning out the best forms of entertainment is nothing new at the Araneta Center. It now pulses toward a continued dynamic future as a mixed-use development comprising shopping malls, residential towers, office parks among the 2,000 businessmen in its confines, and the million or so people who traverse its premises daily.
So what’s in a change of name? The change of name opens up a whole new celebrity experience for the millions of Filipinos that flock to the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
The Smart Araneta Coliseum will undergo a grand facelift to guarantee a star treatment for its customers. Picture this – a “green” weather-proof parking facility right beside the coliseum, providing direct access to the coliseum sections; a façade with an exterior wrapped by LED walls, its dynamic colors providing eye candy to everyone; lobbies equipped with the first ever curved escalators as access to the higher levels; luxurious seats and world class rest rooms to bring comfort to a maximum level. Celebrity treatment awaits guests with a VIP lounge where patrons meet and greet their favorite stars and performers, luxurious cinema seats for the VIP box. All these and much, much more.
With these renovations, as in the past, Filipinos can expect the Smart Araneta Coliseum to continue to be stamped in our collective consciousness.
As in the past, the Smart Araneta Coliseum will continue to be a place that will touch many lives that it deserves to be part of our national heritage.
And as in the past, the Smart Araneta Coliseum will continue to be the entertainment mecca of the Filipinos.
Welcome to the Smart Araneta Coliseum!