- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II’s Call to Holiness
While some people spent their weekend scaring the daylights out of people through their Halloween gatherings, thousands of Filipino faithful opted to gather at the Smart Araneta Coliseum to heed the call to holiness imparted by newly Blessed Pope John Paul II.
A brainchild of the Diocese of Cubao and the Araneta Center, BLESSED: A CALL TO HOLINESS was mounted to commemorate the beloved pontiff’s two pastoral visits in the Philippines and to mark the first liturgical feast day of the newly beatified Pope John Paul II. The afternoon-long celebration was highlighted by stirring performances of the world acclaimed ensembles such as the Las Pinas Boys Choir and Hail Mary the Queen Children’s Choir. Also on hand to provide the musical interludes between the inspirational talks were the Kilyawan Consortium of Voices, IL VOCE from the Ateneo High School and the Holy Family Parish Youth Ministry of Pasig. The Anima Quartet with Michael Shimamoto and Jampao Reyes performed the song especially composed for the Blessed entitled CALL US TO YOU. This collaboration is between two musical liturgical music geniuses Maestro Ryan Cayabyab and Fr. Manoling Francisco, SJ.
There was a blessing of a marker at the Smart Araneta Coliseum to commemorate the time when Blessed John Paul II addressed professionals and catechists during his first Philippine visit in February 18, 1981. The blessing was presided by the Bishop of Cubao Honesto Ongtioco and attended by Araneta executives including Mrs. Judy Araneta-Roxas. Another spiritual flashback was the animated singing of TELL THE WORLD OF HIS LOVE led by the Youth Ministry of Pasig’s Holy Family Parish which brought back memories of the mammoth gathering of Filipino youth during World Youth Day 1995. The Vatican records the five million attendees of the Luneta mass in 1995 as the largest ever gathering of Roman Catholic faithful for World Youth Day.
But the most stirring moments came from the sharing of experiences with the beloved Pope by the speakers which included former Ambassador to the Holy See, Henrietta de Villa, former World Youth Day Executive Director Jo Grafil and Fr. Francis Gustilo, SDB of the International Vatican Theological Commission and Couples for Christ Foundation for Family and Life (CFC-FFL) Spiritual Director. They spoke of the endearing moments they had with the pope, and how he felt that Filipinos were fortunate to still have two precious gifts from God – the richness of their faith and the closeness of their families.
Also gracing the event were Jose Cardinal Sanchez who led the praying for intercessions to Blessed John Paul II. The afternoon ended with a Eucharistic Celebration presided by Cubao’s Bishop Honesto Ongtioco joined by the clergy of the diocese’s parishes and neighboring dioceses.
Click here to view photos from the event