- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
The holidays definitely wouldn't be the same without the giant Christmas tree at the Araneta Center, the country's premier lifestyle and entertainment hub.
In partnership with Coca-Cola, the Araneta Center signaled the start of the holidays in the city with the Christmas tree lighting held last Saturday, November 12, at the Smart Araneta Coliseum Open Parking grounds. Present to officially light up the tree were Araneta Group Vice Chair Mrs. Judy Araneta Roxas, Araneta Group EVP & COO Rene B. Dela Cruz, Coca-Cola President Mr. Guillermo Aponte, Coca-Cola Marketing Director Anubbha Sahasrabuddhe, Bb. Pilipinas beauties including 2011 Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism Isabella Manjon, 2011 Bb. Pilipinas First Runner-Up Janine Tugonon and 2010 Bb. Pilipinas-World Czarina Gatbonton, Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista and Congressman Bolet Banal. Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner- Up Shamcey Supsup also graced the event.
This annual tradition started in 1981, and has been a highly-anticipated event for 30 years now. Standing tall at almost 100 feet and bedecked in tinsel, hundreds of Christmas balls, and cascading LED lights, this year's tree is truly a sight to behold.
Under a burst of confetti and fireworks, the Araneta Center together with Coca-Cola lit up its 100-foot Christmas Tree signaling the official start of the Christmas season in Quezon City. In this photo are Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista, Congressman Bolet Banal, Coca-Cola President Mr. Guillermo Aponte, Coca-Cola Marketing Director Anubbha Sahasrabuddhe, Araneta Group Vice Chairman Judy Araneta-Roxas, Araneta Group EVP & COO President Rene Dela Cruz, Bb. Pilipinas beauties Janine Tugonon, Isabella Manjon, Czarina Gatbonton and Coca-Cola Ambassadors and Kapamilya stars Joseph Marco, Julia Montes, Kathryn Bernardo, and Enchong Dee.
The event was made more special with performances from today's young bright stars. Among the stars present were Coke ambassadors Kathryn Bernardo, Julia Montes, Enchong Dee, and Joseph Marco; ABS-CBN stars, Jessy Mendiola, Empress Schuck, and Arron Villaflor; and GMA talents Kris Bernal, Steven Silva, Rocco Nacino, Barbie Forteza, Joshua Dionisio, Ryza Cenon, Diva Montelaba, and Sef Caydona. Spongecola rocked it out with the crowd to close the show.
Christmas is now in full bloom at the Araneta Center, so be sure to enjoy all the activities lined up from November until January 2012:
Be serenaded by the different chorale groups as they sing your favorite Christmas carols every day until December 31 at Farmers Plaza, Ali Mall, and Gateway Mall.
Remember the true meaning of Christmas and witness the unveiling of this year's Belen – the traditional Filipino Christmas symbol that depicts the birth of Jesus Christ – at the Farmers Market on November 18; and marvel at the colorful floatsof the Magical Parade of Lights happening on November 26, December 3, 10 and 17. Shoppers will also be treated to a Santa Meet and Greet every Friday to Sunday at all three malls starting from November 25 – December 25 and Fireworks Display from Friday to Sunday at 7:30pm starting November 26!
Also, catch the following shows at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Be regaled by 1000 voices and a sixty piece orchestra under the baton of Maestro Ryan Cayabyab at 'Sang Libo't 'Sang Tinig ng Pasko: The Araneta Center Christmas Special with Piolo Pascual, KC Concepcion, and Lea Salonga on November 19 and don’t miss Disney on Ice "Let's Celebrate", from December 25 to January 3. Tickets are now available at Ticketnet, call 911-5555 for inquiries.
Click here for more photos from the Giant Christmas Tree Lighting