- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
ARANETA CENTER MARCHES SMARTLY INTO ITS NEXT CHAPTER
While others may rest on their laurels after an illustrious fifty year existence, the Araneta Center is certainly not one to do so. On the contrary, there are many things rising at the 35 hectare property that boggles yet excites the mind.
First, the world famous Big Dome has been renamed the SMART Araneta Coliseum. Chairman and CEO of the Araneta Group, Jorge L. Araneta, announced this himself during the opening of the unprecedented All-Star Weekend at the Big Dome with no less than basketball greats playing in a series of games with thousands of people watching live and millions more on television.
During that momentous occasion, Mr. Araneta proudly announced that “more than an alliance, this is a fusion of ideas, and ideals, a renewed commitment to sports, entertainment and youth development.” Thus even after more than 6,000 world class shows viewed by over 35 million people in the last half a century, the SMART Araneta Center was bracing itself to fortify its position as the entertainment mecca of the country.
The All Star Weekend was the auspicious beginning of the new chapter in the coliseum’s history. But beyond the world class shows that will continue to be shown in the SMART Araneta Coliseum, the venue itself will undergo a facelift to further enhance the viewing experience of its hordes of habitués.
To rise very soon just beside the coliseum will be the country’s first “green parking facility”. Five floors above ground and 3 basement levels of luxurious parking for 2,000 vehicles is a motorist’s dream come true. This state of the art parking facility will provide direct access to Upper Box and indirect access to Patron and Lower Box areas. It will have escalators to the General Admission section. It will be weather proof, valet services and comfortable waiting areas for valet-parked cars. The “green” element comes in via several carbon monoxide absorbing plants on its façade and is specially designed to allow natural ventilation within the structure. To put the icing on the cake, so to speak, there will be a park on the topmost floor of the parking building.
Parking is just the tip of the redevelopment iceberg. Future customers will reel from the star treatment they will experience upon entry at the SMART Araneta Coliseum lobbies. Picture this. Guests will immediately notice the spruced up Coliseum Circle and its improved lighting. Gate managers in new crisp uniforms will smartly greet each guest and direct them to their spanking new seats. These brand new back-seat chairs complete with properly sized cup holders will replace all of the Big Dome’s existing 20,000 seats.
The lobbies of the Green and Red Gates will also have new curved escalators to transport the audience to their respective sections. Even going to the rest room becomes a whole new enjoyable and “comforting” experience. Top of the line toilet facilities and additional rest rooms will be created to accommodate the huge and ever discriminating crowds.
But perhaps the most significant change to be brought about by the Big Dome’s renovation is the “celebrity” experience. Private VIP boxes to be called “Virtual Boxes” will provide VIP seating. This will also have access to a variety of food and beverage options and catered fare. Of course, free WIFI access will be available for concert habitués who wish to tweet their amazing experience while at the coliseum.
VIP services will also include a plush lounge cum sports bar for those who want to relax before or after the show. A dedicated concierge will be on call for the guests. Of course, lounge guests will also get the rare chance to meet and greet their favorite performers in this area.
Safety will also be a priority in the entire renovation platform. An enhanced fire protection system will be put into place to ensure the safety of every guest. There will be more production and dressing rooms for promoters and artists at the back of house. Beyond the gates, giant LED walls will scream show schedules and other exciting video materials to beckon to every passerby.
Outside the SMART Araneta Coliseum, hotels will sprout to house businessmen, local tourists and visiting performers. There will be a center-wide refurbishing of lighting facilities and street signs to transform the area into a luminescent beacon of commerce and entertainment.
Fifty years and counting.
The Araneta Center continues to be the home of the best entertainment events, business conferences, historic visits, sports activities and memorable family milestones of most Filipinos. The crowds have not stopped coming. If at all, the crowds have increased tremendously. Its place in history is irreplaceable. Its stature in the future is replete with exciting innovations. Araneta Center is historic yet now.