- Make way for Salsa!
- Mickey and Minnie in Town to Celebrate!
- Maestro Ryan Cayabyab & A Thousand Voices
- Nativity scene brings the true spirit of Christmas at the Araneta Center
- CHRISTMAS IN FULL BLOOM AT THE ARANETA CENTER
- Mabuhay, Dianne!
- Thousands Gather to Heed Blessed John Paul II's Call to Holiness
- Vote for Bb. Pilipinas - International: Dianne Necio!
- Basketball Madness Loyalista
- Beatus exhibit of Blessed John Paul II at the Gateway Mall
- "Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz" Exhibit at the Gateway Suites Extended
- Araneta Center marches smartly into Its Next Chapter
- Celebrating Aguilar Alcuaz at the Gateway Suites
- NBA Fit Philippines at the Araneta Center
- The Big Dome made history... Again.
- All Time Tips for the Ultimate All Star Games
- How to keep your School Spirit (and Sanity) at an Ateneo-La Salle Game
- Araneta Center's Back to School Survival Tips
- Trip Trip Hooray!
- Travel Advisory: TRANSFER OF ARANETA CENTER BUS STATION
- CONGRATULATIONS to our Shop, Dine and Win Tickets Promo Winners
- Bb. Pilipinas Beauties in Araneta Center's Grand Santacruzan
- Parade of Beauties 2011
- Congratulations to our iLove Araneta Center - iPad Promo Winners!
- Art Transforming Life: Ali Art Judging and Awarding Ceremony
- CAPIZ-TAHAN PRESS LAUNCHEON
- 2011 Binibining Pilipinas Candidates Show Off Talents
- The Big Dos and Don'ts at the Big Dome
- Araneta Center's Valentine Equation
- Bb. Pilipinas Candidates' (UN) Common Bonds
- Beautiful Girls and Good Fortune abound at the Araneta Center
- Binibining Pilipinas to go Out of the Box with New Media Partner
- Bb. Pilipinas Makes its Final Cut
- 108 beauties graced the stage for Bb. Pilipinas 2011 screening
- The Big Dome Unveils the Giant Cube
Araneta Center’s Back to School Survival Tips
Summer’s over! As the monsoon rains begin to pour on the metro, parents and kids are gearing up for yet another school opening. Reports reveal that for school year 2011-2012, there will be about 26 million students trooping back to school. Small wonder, because for most Filipinos, getting an education is the sure-fire way to get out of the economic doldrums.
However, this is also the time that stresses out the parents and the kids. Parents worry about the tuition and the other essential school stuff they have to buy for their kids. Kids worry about how their parents can afford to buy them not only the basic things, but also the nice and quality stuff. You can’t blame them. There is such a thing as peer pressure while comparing your bags, shoes, uniforms when school starts.
Still, there are ways to handle this challenge. Araneta Center Malls respond to this clamor by giving you these survival tips that will not only help you fill the list of school essentials, but also keep your sanity too!
- TAKE STOCK OF WHAT YOU HAVE. Make an objective inventory with your kids on the uniforms, books or bags that may still have some wind in them. Keep an open mind. Choose the ones that you can have altered and list the ones that really need replacement.
- SEEK OUT THE SALES! Keep your eyes open for super sales in the malls. From May 27 to 31, Araneta Center’s Gateway Mall, Ali Mall and Farmers Bazaar will drop their prices on selected items by as much as 70%! This will certainly boost parents in their budgeting especially if they’re shopping for more than one child.
- QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY. Clothing such as uniforms and undergarments, shoes and bags should be of good quality to last the whole year. Don’t scrimp on these items.
- BASIC OVER TRENDY. Shoes or bags that are too trendy tend to go out of style. Involve your kids in the decision, but remind them to choose styles that are fun yet classic. Classic designs are not only less expensive, they’re usually more durable.
- SWAP OR SELL. Textbooks can be swapped with parents who have older or younger children. You can also have a garage sale on books and advertise this in your community. Chances are you will find other parents who are out for a bargain or open to trade.
- HUNT FOR PROMOS! You can triple the value of your purchases by taking time to fill out a coupon and dropping it in the raffle box. Araneta Center’s TRIP, TRIP, HOORAY gives customers who make minimum purchases of Php 500 from ANY establishment to join the raffle that allows a group of four a two weekend vacation in Europe! You can even double your chances of winning if you purchase COKE products in the food outlets. The promo runs until June 19, 2011.
- LAY YOUR CARDS ON THE TABLE. Do not underestimate your kids’ threshold of understanding. Nothing beats being honest with them and telling them exactly how much your budget can allow. You can also give them incentives by promising new stuff when they start raking in the good grades. Just be sure to keep your promise!
School starts in a few weeks. But this early, you can educate your children with the fundamentals of smart shopping for essentials with these survival tips from the Araneta Center Malls – Gateway, Ali Mall and Farmers Bazaar. Remember, head for their Back to School Sale from May 27 to 31.